We still need 100 good people to donate $10 each to BANCO's Legal Defense Fund. In December 2014, Rev. Edward Pinkney was sentenced to prison in Michigan from a Berrien County Court that was judiciously biased in its verdict and extreme in its sentencing. Rev. Pinkney's attorney and the ACLU have filed an appeal on this decision. In the meantime, Rev. Pinkney and BANCO truly need local, national, and international support.
You can help rectify the injustices in Benton Harbor and, particularly, against BANCO leader Rev. Pinkney as they fight alongside local and statewide residents to promote economic and social justice in this community. Please make a contribution to the BANCO Legal Defense Fund so we can "Free Rev. Pinkney!"
Use the "Make a Donation" button on the BANCO homepage for PayPal, or mail your check or money order to:
BANCO, 1940 Union St, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Your $10 will help:
1) Support the right of Benton Harbor citizens to take a stand against a corrupt political and judicial system;
2) Free Rev. Pinkney from Marquette Branch Prison as a political prisoner living in horrible conditions!;
3) Defend our friend and colleague Rev. Pinkney who was imprisoned after an unjust trial on trumped-up charges;
4) Fund the appeal to have Rev. Pinkney's erroneous conviction heard before a higher court;
5) Defend the right of Benton Harbor residents to speak out against injustice without intimidation and reprisals;
6) Stop the disenfranchisement of Benton Harbor voters (a valid recall election was overturned);
7) Support BANCO's fight against brutality and sexual harassment by police;
8) Improve the conditions in a community with 90% unemployment and under-employment (material aid is needed);
9) Challenge economic and racial apartheid in the U.S. today;
10) Spread the word as we join with others worldwide--like Danny Glover, Ed Asner, Howard Zinn, Rachel Maddow--calling for justice in Benton Harbor. Together we can make a difference!