Berrien County Commission meeting Nov. 3, 2011
For many years I have been attending Berrien County Commissioner meetings. I always leave the meeting with the feeling I've been in a room with racists.
People who come to speak to the commissioners are given just 2 minutes to say whatever they want. On Nov. 3 I decided to get their attention.
First I gave some information on the Perkins family from Benton Harbor. Their house burned down and they have nine children. It was obvious that this group of officials could care less about the family because they are Black. Not once in the many meetings I've attended has this board done anything for the people of Benton Harbor. Not once. For them, BH doesn't exist.
Throughout history this has been the case. The oppressors can't think about the suffering they cause - it would force them to develop consciences.
I was able to capture their attention when I told them about the country of Libya. This information is what got the nation's most racist county visibly upset:
At least until very recently, all of the following facts have been the way of life in Libya.
1. Electricity is free for all citizens.
2. Banks are state owned. Loans are given with zero % interest.
3. Having a home is considered a human right in Libya.
4. Newlyweds receive $60,000.00 dinar to buy their first apt. and help start a family.
5. Education and medical treatment are free. Before Gaddafi the literacy rate was 25%; today it's 83%.
6. Should a citizen want to farm, they receive land, house, equipment, seeds, and livestock.
7. Should a citizen need education or medical treatment not available in the country, the gov. funds them to go abroad. They would also receive $2300.00 a month for accommodation and car allowance.
8. When citizens buy cars, they are subsidized for half the price.
9. The price of gas is 14 cents per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
11. If a citizen is unable to get employment after graduation, the state pays the average salary.
12. A portion of every oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of citizens.
13. When a mother gives birth, she receives $5000.00. [Child care is viewed as an extremely important job.]
14. 40 loaves of bread costs 15 cents.
15. Gaddfi carried out the world's largest irrigation project known as the great manmade river project - to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
16. The US called Gaddafi a dictator.
Sign the PETITION
Write to Pinkney: Rev. Edward Pinkney #294671, Brooks/Fremont C.F., 2500 S. Sheridan Drive, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444
Rev. Pinkney Arrested AGAIN, supporters: Justice4Pinkney, Lynn Stewart, Voice Of Detroit, EXPOSED, Lee Camp, FreePinkney, Workers World, Green Party Watch, Black Agenda Report, Moratorium-Now, Opperman Report, People's Tribune